Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Christmas Star Easel Card

>> Saturday, November 22, 2014

Good Saturday morning to you all!
Hope your weekend is lovely!
This is another way to use the Designer Quilt Square 166D.  I started out with a quarter sheet of white and drew in some lines to help me keep the square straight, then I used my stamp aligner to further keep things straight. I made my star solid (using 9 squares) and at a diamond.  I will use the inside of the star at a later point.   If you just want to make the star frame, you could outline your die first then stamp your squares so that you only end up with what you need to make the frame (a lot less work coloring).  I stamped in the same fashion (6 squares in this case) for the oval inside the card.  
I used this week's Poinsettia colors for this card because I found them to look so beautiful together.
On a separate piece of white, I stamped the Joys of Christmas greeting 562G, and Christmas Pine Oval 279L then I die cut the Christmas Pine Oval greeting with the smaller star and the Christmas Joy greeting with a smaller oval die.  
I used a corner punch on my pink layers and inserted the corners of the green layers.  I then stamped the Triple Holly 1004F for my corners and cut them out.  I decorated the card face with Sequins, Liquid Pearls and Crystal Stickles. That's it!
Have a creative weekend! I hope you are getting ready for a nice long weekend to come in just a few days!  Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!
Robin

5 comments:

Janett said...

Robin that is a beautiful card. The way you used the quilt square for the background is genius.

Sue said...

What a cool looking Christmas card! Your Designer Square background is incredible! And I'm with you one the color thing...I'm loving that combo too ;)

Shelia said...

absolutely beautiful, Robin. Love how you used the quilt square on this beauty!

Karin said...

You are so creative! That quilt square makes an amazing patterned layer! Just gorgeous!

Samantha said...

So cool, Robin! Love the background layer - such bold colors! And I love that holly stamp cut out as a star! Great idea!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP