Blog Widget by LinkWithin

April Rainbows

>> Friday, April 17, 2015

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

 Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! Have you had a lot of April showers in your area? I know they say April showers bring May flowers...but they also bring WEEDS! Not too many in our yard, thanks to the lawn care folks that come a few times a year to put whatever it is they put on the grass. Maybe you're starting some spring planting. I have quite a few low maintenance perennials in my beds because I like stuff that takes care of itself. I mean, I plant them and wish them well and wait for them to bloom. That's my kind of gardening. So far, so good! 

So my card today is all about April rain..and rainbows. And I got to use my favorite umbrella image again. After coloring & fussy cutting 2 umbrellas (one to pop up on top), I took a piece of white card stock and cut a bunch of bands using large & small petite oval dies then colored them individually w/ Copics. After putting them back together, I added a white layer w/ a circle cut out on top and added the greeting & some raindrops.

I added the umbrella and some stickles on the raindrops and where the bands of the rainbow come together. For the frame, I took the piece I cut the white layer out of, colored it to match my rainbow then put it back around the white layer. Here are the Copics I used and it took about a jillion of them!

This is a peek at the inside. 


Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend!

Supplies:
paper: Neenah white
ink: Memento tuxedo black,  Versafine Onyx (greeting), Kaleidacolor blue breeze (raindrops)
accessories: Spellbinders A2 matting basics A & B, petite oval & circle dies, Copic markers, stickles (inside= cloud punches, circle die, Memory Box seville buckle (behind sun)) 

7 comments:

Samantha said...

We're having those April showers today, but your card can sure brighten the mood! Beautiful!

Robin Clendenning said...

Yes, this would brighten anyone's mood! Beautiful rainbow colors and I just LOVE the way you color your umbrella!!! You coloring inspires me to KEEP practicing!!! Love it Julie!

Sue said...

What a fun, happy card! Love your ultra-bright rainbow and the window that shows them off!

Janett said...

Beautiful card, great rainbow.

Shelia said...

Love this, Julie!! Your rainbow is beautiful!! I tried to create one with dies, but couldn't get it to work. :-( wish I lived near you so I could come over for lessons!!!

Karin said...

Your card is incredible Julie! I love the glitter glue added to the rainbow and your beautifully colored umbrella too!

nwilliams6 said...

Wow - I totally love the inside of this card and the fun way you made the rainbow bands! Your cards are always such a delight! This card is definitely perfect for this time of year - I think everyone could use some sunshine this week with the weather forecast around here (rain all week).

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP