Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Gold Rainbow

>> Friday, February 5, 2016

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! Has the weather been crazy or what? About 2 weeks ago we had snow...a couple of days ago it was near 70 degrees. Now we're back into the upper 40's for highs & 20's for lows. We're feeling like Marla Hooch in League of their own when she's in the batter's circle, out, in, out. Coat, no coat, coat, no coat. Even the birds are confused. I saw a starling yesterday under the bird feeder and he already had his summer color. The goldfinches are still in their winter mode. No coat, coat, I guess. One of them is going to be surprised, lol. 
My card today is pretty CAS (clean & simple). I already had the watercolor background in my stash & since it has pretty much all of the colors of the rainbow, I thought it would go well w/ this new Gold Rainbow greeting. The w/c panel was die cut once for the largest layer & a smaller piece for the side panel. I put the stitched white panel in my Misti & stamped the Everything Irish image. Then I tacked the die cut w/c panel in place on the white panel & stamped it again. I added the greeting above it & a few punched gold four leaf clovers.

Here's a look at the inside using the fun Shamrock Shenanigans greeting & some leftovers from the front.
Thanks so much for stopping by! If you haven't, be sure to check out the DRS Thursday Challenge..this week, show us your lucky charm! Have a great weekend!
Supplies: (I'm trying something new..let me know how you like it! Can't promise I'll do it all the time because it took a while to search all the links & do the code to make them show up. But you can actually see the products this way & see where I got them.)


7 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

What a fab card, Julie! The color panel next to the white panel really adds so much. I love that paper you made too - so perfect for a rainbow greeting like this. So creative! I love your links to your supplies too - I have done this before and it is super time consuming but fun to see. Hoping the mosquitos come out in the warm times and then the cold weather can reduce their numbers. Many hugz

Shelia said...

I really like your watercolor rainbow! Perfect for this new greeting. Great job with all the links too? Not sure I have the patience to do every time!

Sue said...

You really do have the best stash!! Great idea splitting the rainbow paper - you got a lot of milage out of that one piece! Serious bonus points for showing all the supplies you used!!

Robin Clendenning said...

I do love the rainbow panels!! So very cool and your 4 leaf clovers are really cool as well!
Great card Julie!

Janett said...

The rainbow panel is perfect with the greeting. Beautiful card.

Gail said...

Love love watercolor backgrounds and your card is amazing - so pretty -TFS

Karin said...

The rainbow panel on the side is just gorgeous and I love the touches of gold!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP